StarShine Loves Fabulous Teachers
During this time of year, we get many requests about teacher openings at our schools. We love great teachers and hope they love to work at StarShine. I have listed our requirements for our teachers in the following list.
Job Description for StarShine Teachers
Reports to: Teacher Leader
A StarShine Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to realize their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. You are responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with StarShine Guiding Principles.
· Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
· Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of each student as a unique individual, with unique talents that the world needs and with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
· Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
· Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
· Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
· Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
· Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
· Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
· Models spiritual maturity in leading students towards their body, mind, spiritual growth.
· Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for their individual needs, age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
· Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools, as measured by StarShine district/school survey results.
· Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
· Demonstrates gains in student performance.
· Participates in training and presentations about online teaching.
· Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning and is proactive in making StarShine better at creating WOWS and likes to wear black.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Masters Degree preferred)
· Teaching and online experience
· A willingness to share your knowledge
· A current fingerprint clearance card
· Most positions will eventually require a passport
· In some locations Certified in relevant subject area
· Knowledge of students in a distance-learning environment
· Operational knowledge of the Internet and web-related technologies
· International knowledge a plus
Technical Competencies and Skills:
· Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
· Works independently with little direct supervision
· Works as part of a team
· Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
· Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
· Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
· Utilizes all required and recommended StarShine Academy computer applications
· Physical Ability: Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. All teachers must meet Presidents Fitness each year. Some StarShine locations require more physical endurance than others.
· Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination.
· Some tasks require oral communications ability.
· StarShine Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires StarShine Academy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
· StarShine considers hiring teachers as volunteers for no pay or for expenses until positions open in some schools. There are many of our schools that must exist with nearly a full staff of non-paid volunteers.